Today, where every people is using mobile phones and computers it is obvious that they often connect to the Wi-Fi network. And it is human nature to forget things often and so passwords too. So, when you are connected to a Wi-Fi network on your computer but you don’t know the password or you forgot the password of the Wi-Fi network you are connected, I am here to help you through this article.
There are many ways to know Wi-Fi password but the two easiet ways are either by Command Prompt or by Wireless Properties of your computer.
Through Wireless Properties
This method is very simple you don’t need any programming knowledge to use this method.
On Window’s PC that is connected to Wi-Fi network navigate to the
- Start >> Settings >> Network & Internet >> Status >> Network and Sharing Center.
- In Network and Sharing Center, next to Connections, select your Wi-Fi network name.
- Then in Wi-Fi status, select Wireless Properties.
- Select the Security tab, then select the Show characters check box.
Through Command Prompt
To use this method open the command prompt of your pc by navigating to
1. Start >> Comand Prompt
It will directly open your Command Prompt or you can also use
Ctrl+R and type cmd and click
OK, it will also open your Command Prompt.
2. Type the following command line and hit Enter:
NETSH WLAN SHOW PROFILE
It will display a list of all WLAN profiles stored on the PC. Select the network name you want to display.
3. Type the following command.
NETSH WLAN SHOW PROFILE WIFINAME KEY=CLEAR
“WIFINAME” is the network name you would like to explore.
This will display WLAN profile of the network you are searching for. Scroll down a little bit and you will find the password.
These are the simple steps you can follow to find the password of the any Wi-Fi network. 🙂