Have you lost your Android phone or tablet? You can find the location of the device, lock the device, or erase it completely. If you’ve added your Google Account to your device, then Find My Device feature is automatically turned on. Every Android phone has Android Device Manager built-in. In case you lost your device you can login to your google account via Android Device Manager (ADM) on your PC and performs the below steps to access it remotely.
To use the above feature you Android device must be connected to mobile data or WiFi network, must be signed in to a Google Account and must have Location turned on.
- Go to https://www.google.com/android/find (on google search Find My Device) and sign in to your Google Account (the same that is on the phone).
- You will see your current smartphone model at the top left of the screen.
- Now after you select your model you can pick what you want to do. If needed, first click Enable lock & erase.
- Play sound: This rings your phone at full volume for 5 minutes, even if it’s set to silent or vibrate.
- Secure device: Locks your phone with your patter, PIN, or password you want. You can even set lock. To help someone return your phone to you, you can add a message or phone number to the lock screen.
- Erase device: Permanently deletes all contents from your device (but might not delete SD cards). After you erase, Find My Device won’t work on the phone.